We try to offer a variety of programs throughout the year for people of all ages. The following list are those programs we currently offer to our community.
1. Adult Book Club Our adult book club meets on the last Monday of the month at 1:00 P.M. They read a variety of authors, genres and topics. They meet in the library refreshment area. Anyone and everyone is welcome to join and participate.
2.Special Programs We have several special programs for adults each year. These range from craft and gardening programs to music and history programs.
1. Preschool Story Time Story time is offered in two sessions in the Spring and Fall. It runs on Wednesday mornings at 10:00 A.M. during the months of January, February, March, April, May, September, October, November and December. Children make crafts, do fingerplays and listen to stories. This program is for children ages 3, 4 and 5. (At this time due to Covid-19 restrictions, we are offering an online story time on zoom. Please call the library at 712-664-2983 for registration!)
2. Maker Camp Maker camp for ages 10 and up is held on Wednesdays in July at 10:00 A.M. Please call the library at 712-664-2983 for more information.
3. 1000 Books Before Kindergarten Welcome to the Wall Lake Public Library's 1000 Books Before Kindergarten Program! Did you know that reading to your child is one of the most powerful ways to boost his or her brain power? The simple and enjoyable act of sharing books helps your child learn pre-reading skills such as understanding the sounds letters make, developing a bigger voacabulary, and building background knowledge - all important skills that help prepare your child for learning to read and entering kindergarten. This program is a fun, exciting and free way to start your child on the path to success! Any child ages birth to five years can participate. Follow these stepts: 1. Stop by the library with your child and ask a librarian to help you register. 2. Get your reading tracker and folder and the instructions on how to track reading minutes with your baby or small child. 3. Read anywhere with your child. Reading done by caregivers at daycare centers or grandparents counts too! 4.Return trackers to the library for incentive prizes. Call the library at 712-664-2983 for more information.
4. Summer Reading The summer reading program is for people of all ages. Special programs are held on the Mondays in June at 1:00 P.M. Please call the library at 712-664-2983 for more information. The 2022 theme is Read Beyond the Beaten Path.
5. Special Programs We have several special programs for children each year - many are holiday - themed but also include after school movies and craft programs.